Sunday, April 26, 2009

Travel


As the weekend is coming to a close and the week is starting, I am reflecting on where I would like to travel. I haven't traveled much in the past year, because there were several things I needed to take care of such as moving to NY for my new job, apartment hunting, etc. I always admire my adventerous friends who have traveled far and wide to exotic destinations - the ones people don't normally go to. I have been to cities in 3 continents in my lifetime and have yet to explore others. Here is a list of places and trips I would love to go on (quite possibly my dream list):
Italy (Florence, Venice, Rome, Tuscany region)
Loire Valley in France
Aegean Islands in Greece
Loch Ness in Scotland
Vienna
Pyramids in Egypt (very obvious one)
Turkey (too many to list)
Brazil (Amazon cruise, major cities, etc)
China (Beijing, Great Wall)
Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket)
Maldives
Safari in Tanzania
Inca Ruins in Peru
Great Barrier Reef in Australia
Alaskan Cruise

I am sure this list will get bigger as time goes by.

1 comment:

  1. Italy (Florence, Venice, Rome, Tuscany region)
    -- Highly recommend Florence, Venice, and Tuscany. As you move south in Italy it isn't as nice, at least not in the cities.

    Loire Valley in France
    - On my list too. Spent a long weekend in Paris years ago, but only got out of the city once.

    Loch Ness in Scotland
    - I do have to get to my "homeland" sometime. There is an area in Fife with a quarry, hill, farm, and a street with the family name.

    Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket)
    - Went a few years back. Had a great time and the price was right.

    ReplyDelete